VP of Product
Here at TradeGecko, we’re building the world’s leading order and inventory management platform by redefining B2B commerce operations, connecting the global supply chain and making boring business software a thing of the past.
With our HQ in a converted shophouse in downtown Singapore, TradeGecko is fast becoming recognized as the face of Singapore technology and is one of the region’s leading start-ups. We will surround you with the brightest, most capable and interesting co-workers, and you will receive a competitive package, access to a well-stocked pantry as well as the opportunity to develop in an organization that truly values personal and professional development.
We’re always being asked how we've got such quick traction in the market and the answer is simply because we hire great talent. Hiring relentlessly resourceful individuals to complement our already exceptional team is a constant activity.
Our Geckos come from a wide variety of backgrounds, with a wide variety of skills and are focused on our mission to enable Global Commerce and make our customers even more awesome.
The Product Management Team @ TradeGecko
The VP of Product is responsible for leading the Product Management function at TradeGecko. You will be responsible for setting the vision, scaling the process, and building the team of Product Managers across our three offices. The VP of Product at TradeGecko must be energetic and passionate about the product and the problems that we’re solving for SMBs around the world.
At TradeGecko, Product Managers drive the direction and roadmap for their autonomous teams. These teams are made up of Product Managers, Engineers, Designers, and members from our Data & UX disciplines.
As a member of our global Executive team, you will report directly to Cameron Priest, our CEO. Occasional travel to our regional offices will be required.
- Define and Iterate on our Product Vision: Drive the development, communication, and iterations of TradeGecko’s product strategy and own related metrics/KPIs,
- Strategically position TradeGecko: Make build, buy, partner recommendations that deepen our moat. Deeply understand our competitive landscape and potential partnerships and technologies that we can adopt.
- Prioritize and Optimize Execution of our Roadmap: Building processes and structures for consistent and effective delivery and maximization of value for our customers
- Define and Maintain our Product Culture: Build our culture of experimentation, data-driven development, and the combined growth of the engineering, product, and design organizations.
- Drive Product Team Growth: Career development of Product Managers in the company
- Maintain internal communication to ensure that feedback on product is absorbed into the roadmap, employees feel heard, and progress on key product priorities go back to the larger organization to enable other teams to do their best work
- Drive Go-To-Market initiatives to enable the marketing team to take TradeGecko to market
- Enabling Product Support to functions including product training, migration, sunsetting etc
- Build out the core-competency of “Customer Obsessed” in the company and ensuring that the customer voice is represented across the organization
- Communication & Executive Presence - Strong communication capability that creates a sense of trust and integrity across CEO, leaders, board and the rest of the company.
- Long Term Focus - It’s easy to get pulled into the minutiae and pressure of the short term. Someone who has a proven integrity and capability to think about the long term vision and executing toward our 5 year plan is imperative.
- Experimental Mindset - You’re passionate about encouraging the team to explore new ideas and building out MVPs to determine product-market-channel fit.
- Collaboration - A true team player, asks lots of questions to better develop an unbiased view of the business and understands they need everyone to help deliver our desired outcomes.
- Cultural Engagement - Leverage the planning and reporting process to set and reinforce specific behaviours. Constantly teaching the rest of the organization why things make or do not make sense for TG.
- Team Builder & Coach - Knows that ultimately people are the critical driver for success and has clearly articulated their ability to lead, manage and motivate teams in a variety of environments.
- A Leader - a person that naturally inspires and motivates the team and people around them. The ability to get the most of people and create engagement in the work and team.
- 5-8 years of Product Management Leadership experience
- A track record of shaping and shipping highly impactful web or mobile products
- Experience working in SaaS a plus
Healthcare & competitive salaries