Senior Ruby Engineer
Here at TradeGecko, we’re building the world’s leading order and inventory management platform by redefining B2B commerce operations, connecting the global supply chain and making boring business software a thing of the past.
With our HQ in a converted shophouse in downtown Singapore, TradeGecko is fast becoming recognized as the face of Singapore technology and is one of the region’s coolest start-ups. We will surround you with the brightest, most capable and interesting of co-workers, and you will receive the hottest tools, a competitive package, access to a well-stocked pantry as well as the opportunity to develop in an organization that truly values personal and professional development.
We’re always being asked how we've got such quick traction in the market and the answer is simply because we hire great talent. Hiring relentlessly resourceful individuals, in order to complement our already talented Geckos, with even more talented Geckos, is a constant activity due to our fast growth.
Our Geckos come from a wide variety of backgrounds, with a wide variety of skills and are focused on our mission to enable Global Commerce and make our customers even more awesome.
About Ruby Senior Software Engineers @ TradeGecko
You will be part of a close-knit team building and supporting software that is vital to the businesses of tens of thousands of people across the globe.
As a senior engineer you will:
- Tackle technical issues head on.
- Love elegant, readable and maintainable code.
- Enjoy mentoring, and appreciate the importance of growing the team around you.
- Lean towards execution, yet not be willing to compromise on quality.
- Strive to understand the business value and use cases of the user problems you are solving.
- Think about the performance implications and extensibility of the solutions you're involved with.
If this sounds interesting, let's chat.
At TradeGecko, we pride ourselves on running an expedited hiring process.
Our interview flow involves:
- An initial screening conversation with a Software Engineering Manager.
- A relevant coding exercise to let you showcase your abilities.
- An onsite interview (or an online one in case you're not in Singapore) covering:
- A technical conversation starting around your exercise with our top engineers
- Discussions with a couple of other members of our product development team
- A culture fit interview with a non-engineer
Our goal is to provide a clear idea of who we are and how we work. Our culture is a huge part of TradeGecko, and our interview process is oriented around sorting out culture fit as early as possible.
- Excellent software engineering skills with a number of years experience designing and building scalable web applications and distributed systems, with some of these years spent using Ruby and Ruby On Rails on a daily basis.
- Strong technical mentoring and leadership skills
- A strong sense of craftsmanship.
- Experience in one or more relational database (PostgreSQL, MySQL, .. etc).
- Bonus points for working experience with:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Background job servers (Sidekiq, Resque, Delayed::Job .. etc) or queueing systems (RabbitMQ, Kafka, .. etc).
Please feel comfortable applying, even if you don’t meet all the requirements.
- Work with an awesome team, in a fast growing startup with the opportunity to develop.
- Competitive Salary.
- Private Medical Insurance.