VP of Engineering
Here at TradeGecko, we empower commerce entrepreneurs to build amazing businesses. We do this by providing the world’s leading Commerce Platform for growing SMB brands. We're redefining commerce operations, connecting the global supply chain and making boring business software a thing of the past.
We’re always being asked how we’ve gotten such quick traction in the market and the answer is simple… we hire relentlessly resourceful individuals, hackers, freethinkers and people that make it their mission to make our customers even more awesome.
TradeGecko was founded and is HQ'd in Singapore, and we also have offices in Manila, Philippines, and Toronto, Canada. We are looking for great engineering leadership to join our growing, global company.
TradeGecko is here for the long term and running a happy, well-functioning team is our most important goal. With this in mind, we’re seeking a leader who will empower our team and enable individuals to grow and reach their potential both professionally and personally. The TradeGecko culture is one of inclusivity and one of our core values being "the best at getting better”. We believe that everyone can learn and improve, and we want to provide you with the environment to do so.
About The Position
We're looking for a Vice President of Engineering to lead the day-to-day management and growth of our Engineering Team, as well as the continuous development of our product from a SaaS app used by tens of thousands of people daily to the singular platform that tracks the digital representation of all the world's goods.
As the VP of Engineering, you will be working closely with the entire Leadership team, our CTO, Product and Engineering Teams to move the TradeGecko platform forward.
You know how to estimate work units, how to manage the agile development process and how to get the most out of your teams. You are essential to making sure the trains run on time.
You’re a great manager and team builder, while also being an excellent recruiter, great communicator and issue resolver. You feel very comfortable with technology, most likely with engineering experience, but are more excited about making teams run smoothly. You will know how to help the team to get things done, understanding when it's OK to push hard to hit a deadline but just as importantly you will know when to advise a deadline needs adjustment.
You love the idea of being responsible for growing and managing a team of super switched on technologists, we have massive plans and so require someone who is excited about helping us grow aggressively. You will be excited about getting involved with setting up new products and directions as well as making sure we keep providing the best products and service on the planet.
- You’re a natural leader and have held a similar management / leadership role
- Have 10+ years proven experience managing teams and shipping successful commercial software
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the willingness to present and defend your ideas to other stakeholders
- You have successfully built and scaled global engineering teams
- You have a background in technology and software engineering, but your primary passion lies in unlocking the potential of others through hands-on coaching and mentorship.
- You've worked at great companies in leadership roles, and have seen what success looks like.
- Built and delivered products that have scaled to large numbers of customers
- You have spent time working across an entire organization, and built relationships to understand the ins and outs of the whole business.
- Deep technical and people management skills are essential
- An awesome work environment & team
- Competitive salary
- Private Medical Coverage