Software Engineer, Growth
Here at TradeGecko, we’re building the world’s leading order and inventory management platform by redefining B2B commerce operations, connecting the global supply chain and making boring business software a thing of the past.
With our HQ in a converted shophouse in downtown Singapore, TradeGecko is fast becoming recognised as the face of Singapore technology and is one of the region’s coolest startups. We will surround you with the brightest, most capable and interesting of coworkers, and you will receive the hottest tools, a competitive package, access to a well-stocked pantry as well as the opportunity to develop in a company that truly values personal and professional development.
We’ve gained such quick traction in the market simply because we hire great talent to support and further our fast growth. Hiring even more relentlessly resourceful individuals to compliment our already talented Geckos is an ongoing activity for us. Our Geckos come from a wide variety of backgrounds, with a variety of skills and all are focused on our mission to make our customers even more awesome.
TradeGecko is here for the long term and running a well-functioning team where everyone's contribution is recognised are some of our key goals. With this in mind we are seeking talented individuals with great potential who wish to realise it. The TradeGecko culture is one of inclusivity where community/team spirit, continual improvement and learning as well as collaborative can-do attitude are some of our core values. We believe that everyone can learn and improve, and we want to provide you with the environment to do so.
About Software Engineers in the TradeGecko Growth Team
We’re looking for full-stack engineers who are looking to join a fast-paced, experimentation-oriented Growth team at TradeGecko. The Growth team at TradeGecko is responsible for delivering experiences to acquire users, increase conversion & improve retention.
In the past, we’ve built mobile apps, Shopify add-ons, and renewed onboarding experiences to deliver value to our customers and bring them onto our product. Your work in the Growth team will be in the form of tactical growth-hacking experiences, and longer term product changes that lead to growth in the adoption of our product.
The ideal candidate will be a strong full-stack engineer who understands the UX design process and data-driven experimentation methods.
If this sounds interesting to you, come say hello. At TradeGecko, we work to run an expedited hiring process and to not leave you hanging. Our hiring process involves:
- An initial conversation — face-to-face preferred or over the phone
- A relevant coding exercise to let you show your stuff
- An onsite interview, including:
- Our famous "Conversations On Code" based on your coding exercise with our top engineers
- A Product Definition and Problem Solving interview with our Growth team
- Culture fit interviews with our senior leaders
The goal at the end is for you to have a solid feel for what it would be to work with us and we will have the same about you.
- Excellent software engineering skills with several of years experience designing and building web applications.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- A strong sense of craftsmanship
- Self-directed and able to work and deliver with minimal supervision
- Experience running A/B tests to optimize conversion and engagement a plus
- Intermediate experience with one or more of the following:
- A Dynamic programming language and web application framework
- Ruby, Python, Rails, Django, etc.
- Ruby, Python, Rails, Django, etc.
- Bonus points for experience with:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Android Development
- iOS Development
- Ruby on Rails
- Work with an awesome team, in a fast growing startup with the opportunity to develop
- Competitive Salary
- Private Medical Insurance