Head of Data Science
This is an incredible opportunity for a highly motivated data junkie who is passionate about providing impactful business analysis, driving a data-mindset and using the latest in data science to help 10s of 1000s of entrepreneurs make better decisions to drive smarter growth in their businesses.
You will lead a data science team that will work cross-functionally across the entire TradeGecko business. Working to support all of the teams, building a team of data scientists and data engineers to support all of the functional areas to better use data to drive decision making.
You will work closely with our product team to help develop high level product strategy for our Tradegecko Insights & Intelligence product to measurably help 10s of 1000s of SMEs make better business decisions.
You will need to be comfortable rolling up your sleeves whilst working cross-functionally to provide the information critical for business decision-making.
- Build and manage a team of talented data scientists/machine learning engineers to deliver impact across the business
- Drive the creation and implementation of best practices for statistical data modelling, analysis, and machine learning; data exploration and reporting tools; and processes that allow data team to work efficiently within the product and the tech org
- Coach and mentor individual data scientists/machine learning engineers to be more effective individual contributors
- You will work to develop models to support company wide decision making; like CLV, BTYD, Attributuon to drive strategy in customer acquisition, activation and retention.
- You will be the company expert in using data to measure and analyse business performance in each of our customer segments, geographies, product and sales channels.
- You are expected to be effective communicator, self-motivated, and able to drive insights into actions that improve TradeGecko’s business results. Business and domain knowledge, interpersonal and communication skills are therefore a must to thrive in a multifunctional team. Your job is to communicate complex data or algorithms into simple conclusions that will empower leadership to drive action based on the insights you derive.
- Engagement with business leaders for problem identification, recommending data sources inside or outside of TG to resolve problems, and advising junior team members on technical aspects of modelling.
- Master’s degree in a quantitative field, such as Statistics, Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Economics
- Excellent understanding of data architecture implementation and optimisation
- Track record of shipping several large scale machine learning projects with multiple dependencies across teams
- Experience building and managing a team of talented data scientists/machine learning engineers to deliver impact
- A Data story teller and an appreciation for both the power and limits of data. You will be able to communicate your findings, orally and visually.
- Experience in neural networks, logistic regression, recommender systems or any large scaled machine learning systems
- Knowledge of and experience with statistical / predictive modelling and hypothesis testing
- Have at least 5+ years of experience as data analyst, working experience in business performance analysis reporting, data analysis, with independent thoughts and insight.
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills, combined with a high level of initiative and ability to thrive in a multi-tasking, dynamic environment
- SaaS or tech experience is an asset
- Analytics: SQL, jupyter/ipython notebooks, re.dash
- Modelling: scikit-learn, stats-models, pymc3, tensor-flow
- Data Engineering: python, SQL, Spark, Scala, Docker, AWS
- Data Warehouse: AWS Redshift
- Dashboards: D3.js, Periscope etc.,
Here at TradeGecko, we're empowering million of SME entrepreneurs to build amazing businesses through the TradeGecko software.
We’re always being asked how we’ve gotten such quick traction in the market and the answer is simple….we hire relentlessly resourceful individuals, hackers, freethinkers and people that make it their mission to make our customers even more awesome.
TradeGecko is fast becoming one of the faces of Singapore technology. Join one of the region’s growing startups and we’ll give you the tools, competitive package and surround you with the smartest coworkers.