Sr. Financial Analyst
Here at TradeGecko, we’re building the world’s leading order and inventory management platform by redefining B2B commerce operations, connecting the global supply chain and making boring business software a thing of the past.
We’re always being asked how we’ve gotten such quick traction in the market and the answer is simple….we hire relentlessly resourceful individuals, hackers, freethinkers and people that make it their mission to make our customers even more awesome.
With our HQ in a converted shophouse in downtown Singapore,TradeGecko is fast becoming recognized as the face of Singapore tech and is one of the region’s coolest start-ups. We will surround you with the brightest, most capable and interesting of co-workers and give you the opportunity to develop in an organization that truly values personal and professional development.
We’re looking for a seasoned Sr. Financial Analyst to help us take TradeGecko to the next level. Self-assured, detail-oriented and results-driven, you’re looking to flex your skills to impact and influence the world of SaaS B2B Commerce. You will join our small finance team to own the design and implementation of a world-class financial planning and analysis foundation that scales. You should have significant expertise in and passion for auditable financial modeling and building management reports to drive business success. You will report into the COO and will partner closely with all members of the executive and other functional leaders. If you’re looking for a multi-faceted FP&A role with the ability to drive results, then this may be the role for you!
**In lieu of a cover letter please describe a project where your involvement helped to make a business team more effective, efficient and successful.**
- Drive management reporting processes, including long-range planning framework, automating financial updates, forecasting accuracy, data consistency, and building in checks to existing financial models
- Build detailed financial models to evaluate performance under various operating scenarios
- Provide COO with financial analysis, business modeling, and decision support
- Assist in the in-depth analysis of current SaaS metrics and drive the implementation and development of new metrics to further ensure business success
- Work closely with the Financial Controller to support month-end close activities including preparation of monthly and quarterly results, with variance analysis and summary of findings, as needed
- Work with cross-functional team to help enhance & create KPIs and reporting packages using both financial and operational-based metrics
- Perform ad-hoc reporting and analysis as required by external stakeholders, lenders and debt holders as well as internal stakeholders
- Continuously seek out and identify areas for standardization and improvement and drive them to completion
- 5+ years of financial modeling, forecasting, and analysis experience required
- Positive self-starter who adapts well to change in a fast-paced, dynamic workplace and thrives in an accountability culture
- Strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent multi-tasker with superior analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Organized, detail-orientated with solid project management skills and the ability to provide succinct actionable summaries for management review
10 Signs that You're a Strong Candidate:
- You hold a BA/BS degree in finance, economics, accounting or engineering.
- You have experience developing SaaS metrics and working with subscription-based revenue.
- You're a proven executor with prior success driving projects with cross-functional teams.
- You're known for telling the compelling story behind data through actionable insights.
- You're a seasoned pro at Excel-based financial modeling/analysis.
- You have a strong command of “the details,” but don't get lost in them.
- You thrive on creating order from ambiguity.
- You have a continuous improvement attitude with a need to seek out and implement internal or external best practices.
- Prioritizing multiple work streams and various constituents comes as second-nature.
- You believe that, together, we can do extraordinary things.