Customer Support Engineer
Here at TradeGecko, we’re building the world’s leading order and inventory management platform by redefining B2B commerce operations, connecting the global supply chain and making boring business software a thing of the past.
With our HQ in a converted shophouse in downtown Singapore, TradeGecko is fast becoming recognized as the face of Singapore technology and is one of the region’s coolest start-ups. We will surround you with the brightest, most capable and interesting of co-workers, and you will receive the hottest tools, a competitive package, access to a well-stocked pantry as well as the opportunity to develop in an organization that truly values personal and professional development.
We’re always being asked how we've got such quick traction in the market and the answer is simply because we hire great talent. Hiring relentlessly resourceful individuals, in order to complement our already talented Geckos, with even more talented Geckos, is a constant activity due to our fast growth. Our Geckos come from a wide variety of backgrounds, with a wide variety of skills and focused on our mission to enable Global Commerce and make our customers even more awesome.
About The Position
We’re looking for a Customer Support Engineer who can focus on solving high priority customer technical issues in a fast paced environment. To enjoy this position you will thrive in changeable situations, enjoy interacting with people from all walks of life as well as be driven by the opportunity to having the ability to tangibly impact on the company through providing solutions for our customers.
The Customer Support Engineer plays a critical role in maintaining a positive feedback channel between user initiated feedback, bug and issue resolution, engineering prioritization, regression prevention and product definition. Your key responsibilities will be:
- Providing high-quality technical support on a daily basis to our Customer Support Advocates as well as to our valued customers
- Collaborating with the product team to share customer feedback, ensuring we continue to learn and improve our product and processes
- Identifying and resolving application issues, providing feedback for product improvements and overall direction
- Proactively identify areas of improvement and talk to our customers to ensure they are getting the most out of the product
- Involved in other programming and documentation of projects as required
- Part of a specialized technical support team which are highly energized and focused
- Coaching and supporting the team to solve problems for a wide spectrum of customers, from start-ups to mid-sized companies
- Strong command of the English Language through written and spoken communication
- Degree/Diploma holders in IT or other related fields preferred
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a Customer Support Engineer role previously would be beneficial
- Track record of providing superior technical support onsite as well as via email, phone and chat a positive
- Experience reviewing application and system logs a positive
- Experience supporting SaaS Enterprise Applications (Salesforce, Zendesk, Zopim, etc) a positive
- Comfortable working with Google Apps (Gmail, docs, calendars)
- Experience of successfully working to Service Level Agreements and achieving tight KPIs
- High degree of initiative, courtesy and professionalism to resolve customer issues on first contact as much as possible
- Writing/web content creating experience is a plus
- Confident and proactive team player
- Resourceful, friendly, quick-thinking and empathetic should be some of the adjectives used to describe you
- Passionate about software and online apps, with a keen interest in being a benefit to the team
- Work with a multi-national, multi-talented group of marketers, sales people, engineers, designers
- Join part of a globally competitive Customer Support Team that uses the most modern tools and best practices
- Competitive salary
- Be in constant contact with smart and driven people who will take you to that next level
- Opportunity to shine - we make decisions together and we grow together
- Be part of a fast growing company that nurtures the entrepreneurial nature and start-up culture and always encourages everyone to be themselves and be creative